Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We had a great 4th of July weekend! We kicked off the holiday on Thursday night by going to Founders Park in Centerville (my husband's home town) where there was a concert and fireworks. Matt's mom brought a yummy picnic dinner for everyone. We got to see a lot of Matt's friends, including Jeremy and Jordan Jensen and their adorable little girl Adalynn who are living in Ohio right now. I was worried that Spencer would be scared of the fireworks but he did really well, he just had very big eyes the whole time!



The next morning we woke up and went the the Centerville 4th of July parade with Matt's family. The oldest cousin, Calvin, watched out for the little cousins and helped them get candy; he even had to tell a few kids to go away because they were in "Ethington territory".



That afternoon we went to a park and had a picnic and then played softball. After everyone got good and dehydrated we went to Memory Park in Salt Lake and cooled off in a little stream that runs through the park. We got some cute pictures of Spencer and his two cousins. Spencer, Gabriel, and Corban were all born within 2 months of each other.









I think these 3 little guys are going to have a lot of fun together through the years to come!





Today was Corban's baby blessing. Matt's parents and all of his brothers and sisters and their kids were able to attend so we got some great family pictures, here are a few of them...

Here are all the new parents and their babies.


Matt's family.

Me, Matt, and Spencer.

The Cousins.

Matt's Dad doing a head-stand.

And last...Spencer blowing spit bubbles. Overall it was a great 4th of July weekend. We had a lot of fun with Matt's family and ate a lot of great food!



4 comments:

Cara said...

He's so cute! Sounds like you guys had fun. I'm glad Spencer wasn't scared of the fireworks.

Mindy said...

I don't know if I can ever be satisfied with a bald baby ever again after seeing the most adorable photos of Spencer and all that hair! Just thought you should know! :) P.s. When are you, Amanda, and I going to meet up? :)

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Wow. Rob and I can't believe Matt's dad doing a head stand. We tried to picture our dad's doing a head stand...that would be a laugh! Looks like a fun weekend!

Jen said...

It was so fun to see you today! Thank you so much for calling and stopping by! I loved being able to chat! Spencer is adorable! You are such a cute mom! We will for sure have to get together again with our husbands!