Well now that we have a child Matt has declared we must start having family vacations every year. So last Saturday we packed up our little civic and set out on our first annual Ethington family vacation.
The first night we went to the Bar-J Wranglers dinner and show in Jackson Hole. I was really impressed with how well those cowboys could sing and play music! Here's a picture of us in the dinner hall before the show.

We spent that night in a "KOA Kamping Kabin" because we didn't want to pay the high price of a motel in Jackson Hole...and because Matt is in love with KOAs. Here is our little cabin.

The next day we tried to go to church in Jackson but when we got to the building there was a sign saying they were having stake conference in some other town, that's why we're in our church clothes for this next picture.

We walked around Jackson for awhile and then drove to West Yellowstone and spent the afternoon reading and playing with Spencer in our motel. We spent the rest of the week seeing Yellowstone. I had never been to Yellowstone before, it is amazing!

On Monday we rented a little boat for an hour and went out on Yellowstone Lake. Matt rowed the boat and I sat and enjoyed the scenery. Spencer liked it at first but then I think he got mad because the life-jacket was a little too snug around his cheeks!

After the lake we decided to let Spencer take his afternoon nap in the car while we drove around and looked for wildlife. We saw a lot of bison!

On Tuesday we looked at a lot of geysers and hot pots. We bought Spencer a little hat to keep his face out of the sun and Matt carried him around in our baby bjorn.


We went to the Old Faithful Lodge and watched Old Faithful frome the outside balcony, I thought it was awesome!

On Wednesday we hiked down Uncle Tom's trail to see the Lower Falls. We had to go down 328 steps, it was worth it, but on the trip back up I realized I am definitely out of shape!


Here is a picture of Spencer in our motel, I just think it's cute.

On Thursday morning we went to a museum in West Yellowstone (sorry, I'm sure you'll all be dissapointed, but we didn't take any pictures). Spencer was a little cranky that day so we decided we'd let him take a long afternoon nap in the car while we drove up to the Northeast part of Yellowstone, it is gorgeous up there! We stayed in the car so we didn't take any pictures. That night we got Chinese takeout in honor of the olympics in Beijing. Every night when we came back to our Motel we would get takeout from some restaurant and then sit and watch the olympics all night.


On Friday we drove home, we stopped by Cara and Mitch's in Logan and had dinner with them and Jaren and Blake. Jaren and Blake are up in Logan to go to school at Utah State now. Here's some pictures of the boys playing football. My niece Marin joined right in and had a blast!

Sorry this post is so massive, but there you have it, the first ever annual Ethington family vacation!
P.S. You may have noticed that Matt's face gets scruffier as the week goes on; he thinks when he's on vacation shaving isn't needed.
12 comments:
You guys are SO cool to do your own family vaca. Hopefully we'll be as cool and adventurous someday. Looks like you had a fun time.
awesome family vacation! You went to the best places! And your little boy is getting cuter and cuter every post! :)
Haha, I loved the family vacation, and I wasn't even on it! :) Again, your baby is gorgeous and so are you! I noticed you were wearing an Aggie shirt in one of the photos - good job. :)
So you look great for being out of shape.......You should put that picture of Spencer in the motel on your wall. It's perfect. I too noticed Matt looked a little bearded, I dismissed it as lighting though. Tell him it makes him look wise; or maybe don't, he might want to keep it! I think I may call you in the am for a walk......you can tell me no if you fear our mono-however, Logan had a great afternoon and we are itching to get out. PLUS, my stories/vents are building to unhealthy levels.
I think Spencer is busting out of your baby Bjorn carrier! At least his cheeks were busting out of his life jacket! Cute pictures, sounds like you guys had a fun time.
That is awesome! I love that Matt is into the family traditions and vacations! Way to go- maybe the trick is to have a kid so we can start having fun vacations too:)
You guys are such a fun and cute family!
Sounds like you had so much fun! We just got back from Yellowstone too! It was awesome!!! Definitely a fun vacation spot! Your family is so cute! How fun to start the family vacation tradition!
Sounds like you guys really had a blast. Yellowstone in one of my favorite place in the whole world. There is so much to see. I spent a whole summer working there and only saw about 1/3 of it! Your pics are suuupppper cute! Tell Matt that Ty has the same philosophy about shaving...the longer you are away from the home the longer the hair gets! :)
Looks like fun! Jon does the same thing as your hubby... they think being on vacation means they van turn into scruffy mountain men... what can ya do...
What a fun week! You have such a cute little family. Now that our kids are older we are just now starting to talk about a family vacation (one that doesn't' involve driving to Utah to stay with family)I guess we should have started sooner, our kids are missing out.
It was fun to see you guys the other night. Hopefully we didn't make you get to Logan too late. Your vacation seems really relaxing. The life jacket pic is great!
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I know what you mean about KOA's, Kyle is in love with them too!
Post a Comment