Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Big Christmas Post...

We had a great Christmas this year! On Wednesday Matt worked a half-day and after Spencer's nap we drove down to Centerville to spend Christmas with Matt's family (we switch off every year, next year is sunny St. George). Here are a few pics before the big dinner...
After dinner we re-enacted the nativity. Matt was Joseph, I was Mary, and Spencer was baby Jesus (a very large baby Jesus). Here is Matt helping me to Bethlehem in my delicate state...
Here we are in our stable with a little sad lamb (my nephew, Jordan) standing by.
Lets take a closer look at that lamb...
Apparently he was ashamed at being made to dress up like a wussy lamb, poor Jordan. After the nativity we opened up some presents (sorry, no pictures, we got too caught up in the excitement of opening presents). We stayed up late visiting and then got to bed around midnight. The next morning we woke up, ate breakfast, and then opened up the rest of our presents.
Spencer had some cute Christmas pajamas but when I went to take him out of his crib in the morning he had peed through them...oh well. I got a kitchenaid and Matt got a GPS.Spencer's grandparents loaded him up with toys, books, diapers, and formula. He wasn't really interested in anything but the wrapping paper though.

We came home last night and our driveway was buried under snow drifts. Spencer and I had to wait in the car while Matt dug us a path to the garage.


Then Matt got to spend about an hour and a half shoveling the driveway while I made pizza with my new kitchenaid.

We hope everyone had as merry of a Christmas as we did. Christmas is a good time to reflect on the blessings of the year, our family has gone through many changes this year and we definitely have much to be thankful for!

9 comments:

Mindy said...

1. You are gorgeous.
2. Your baby is gorgeous.
3. Poor Matt!!! That snow was a killer! I have a friend that is out of town for Christmas and he is a little OCD about getting his driveway and sidewalks shoveled, so I thought I'd surprise him by doing it ... It took my roommate and I TWO hours!!!
4. I want to visit you this week!!!

val said...

Awesome KitchenAid! Sweet.
What a great Christmas. We miss you guys!

Errin said...

Your shirt it so cute in those first pics! Im glad you had a great christmas!

~..kass..~ said...

Your baby is SO cute! And you look AWESOME!! ps I feel ya on the snow... ugh

MsMelodee said...

I am glad you had a great Christmas. We did too, Rylee loved unwrapping presents this year. I am glad we got to shovel our snow as it fell and not all at once. One huge benefit of having a teenage boy!:)

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

Wahoo a kitchenaid! They look so nice out on the counter....*sigh* Looks like Santa treated you well this year. Did he bring you a home phone number yet? Here's mine: 410-777-5349. You can call it as soon as you get a phone too OR as soon as you want to.

Cara said...

Ha ha, I just made my "big Christmas post" too and it was almost the same as yours. I love the shirt too, since I bought it for myself! :) As I sit here I am wearing your maternity clothes though, so it works nice for both of us! I love all the cute pictures!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

How fun! Spencer is so dang cute! (I know I say that ever time, but it is true!) I'm sorry about the snow... we were in West Valley this year and had quite a time with the snow as well! Billy's family came down from Logan on Saturday and said it was crazy up there!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Merry Christmas. Your little family looks cute at their first Christmas. You will love the kitchenAid, it makes baking sooo nice! Happy new year too.