
Last Wednesday was our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. We didn't do anything on Wednesday except go to the temple (thanks for tending Cara!). But last night we dropped Spencer off at Matt's parents' house in Centerville and then drove to Salt Lake for a little overnight getaway. It was the first time I've ever left Spencer overnight, it felt really weird but luckily I have complete trust in Matt's mom's baby abilities. We went to Olive Garden, which is where we always go on our anniversary, then went back to our hotel and lounged in the hot tub until we were overrun by teenagers. This morning we slept in late, went to breakfast, and then went shopping. We didn't really do anything else too exciting. No offense to Spencer, but it was nice to just relax and have some time to ourselves; of course I was very happy to see him again this afternoon! Apparently we arrived to pick him up just after my mother-in-law had cleaned up a blow-out, perfect timing! 

17 comments:
Hey, Congrats on three years!! Wow, it been a long time. Cute post. I guess we couldn't really justify a "weekend getaway" since we don't have any kids!! Haha!! P.S. Congrats on the timing for the poopy duty!!
Yay for getaways! Sometimes I wish I could just zip back to a pre-mom day. Like the kind where I watched Oprah and went to the field house. I thought life was so rough then.....BUT I wouldn't appreciate the awesomeness of getaways like I do now. Yes, I would like you to call me when you can.
Happy ANN!!!!! thats nice to get a night alone I bet! :)
Happy anniversary! Three years that's awesome. I bet the time alone just relaxing was fun.
I remember that day three years ago! It almost feels like it was longer than that!!
How fun! I bet it was nice to get away for a little bit! Your wedding pics are absolutely beautiful too!
Yes, yes, Seth would agree with the sissyfying term. The curtains have ruffles, and apparently men don't like ruffles. Oh well. SOOOOO do you have a phone yet? I am dying to use my voice in adult conversation.
Eww, you guys kiss??!!
Congratulations! Glad you got a night alone.... It is always nice to have a break every once in awhile.
Wow! I can't believe it had already been 3 years! Time flies! Anyways... it would be so fun to see you! It would be a blast to go out to dinner with the old roomies... I haven't seen Mandy since the mission so that would be fun! We will have to plan a time. What nights are good for you?
Happy Aniversary! I am glad you guys had such a nice time. You pictures are awesome! How did you make your collage at the top of your blog? Did you make the collage of your wedding pics? I feel so clueless:)
oh my Avree! You looked so gorgeous on your wedding day. I wouldn't expect anything else but that:) Your flowers, dress, hair, wow! Congrats on 3 years too- We'll be there in March! Your wedding pictures are beautiful!
Thanks Avree! I dont think I still have your e-mail. What is it?
Oh, the passion!!! Happy 3rd Anniversary, and many more!
Congratulations on the wedded bliss. And even more congratulations are due for taking the night and going out. Good for you! Glad you're all doing well.
wow its already been three years!! yes please call when you come down! i want to see you for sure since i didnt get to last time.
I'm sorry you are sad you aren't on the list ... Do something totally shocking and you can make my 2009 list!! :)
Post a Comment