This is the first (and will probably be the last) layer cake I've ever made. I bought some round tin pans at the dollar store because I didn't have any round cake pans. One tin was inside the other one so I should have known they weren't the same size, so the bottom layer was slightly bigger than the top layer, it kind of looked like a giant white hamburger to me. Icing it was a nightmare, I have a lot more respect for people who make wedding cakes now...
I think he liked the cake...
I think Marin and Scotty liked the cake too...
But he hated getting cleaned up afterwards...
12 comments:
Happy Birthday Spencer!!! And the cake looks GREAT! :)
Happy Birthday Spencer! It is amazing how fast the first year goes but wait until the second it flies by even quicker. Cute photos, he is a doll like always!
wowsers he's one! time flies. we haven't seen you guys in so long. we realy need to make a trip up to the promised land soon.
happy birthday cute spencer.
i thought the cake looked great.
Happy birthday little guy!
I cannot believe he is a year either!! Time certainly flies by when they aren't even your kid! ;) P.s. Let's get together soon! When works for you??
Such a cute cake picture! And when the heck did your brothers grow up! Ah, they should be like 10 still, that is so crazy to me!
I can not believe that Spencer is 1. I remember like it was yesterday when you had posted your sweet videos in the hospital. Time flies way too fast! You look gorgeous in every picture. Amanda is so beautiful too!
What are you talking about, the cake looks great! And I had a similar realization too - homemade cakes are time consuming. All hail the professional cake makers. Looks like he had a great time. I can't believe how big he is! Crazy how time flies once you get past those first 3 months.
Hey Avree,
Don't worry, I have stalked your blog a few times too. :) I'm glad your mom likes me, I think she is so fun. We were reading that blog that makes fun of mormons together down in St. George, it was hilarious. What was it called? All these pictures of Spencer are so adorable!
He's so cute Aves! Way to take the credit for the cake lettering :)
Happy Birthday Spencer! He is just so CUTE! So how do we slow down year #2, let me know!
I can't believe it's already been a year! It seems like you had him just a few months ago! He is too darn cute!
Post a Comment