We haven't really done anything very exciting lately but I thought I'd post some pictures from the past few weeks...
This first picture is Spencer and his cousin, Marin. As you can see, they're very photogenic. This was the best picture we could get (you can only imagine what the others looked like).

I usually don't post crafty projects...because I don't do crafty projects. But I did help Matt with a project a few weekends ago. My parents gave Matt and I their old oak table; it didn't really match our flooring and cabinets so we painted it a creamy white color. The first picture is the "before" (the white leaf was the test to make sure the paint would stick). We used my sister-in-law's paint sprayer and it made the project so easy. I've spray painted old furniture before with cans of spray paint and it takes FOREVER; with the sprayer it was so fast! Even though Matt got paint all over himself and our night ended with me scrubbing his face with mineral spirits until 1:00 am, we are happy with the finished product. I probably wouldn't choose arrow-back chairs, but you can't beat free right?




Last week Matt was auditing in Salt Lake so Spencer and I went down and stayed with him. We went shopping during the day and after he got done working at night we hung out in the big city. Our hotel had a pool and Spencer loved it! I forgot to take my camera to the pool but I thought he looked so cute in his swimsuit...


We actually only stayed one night at the hotel because Spencer was AWFUL during the first night. He woke up and cried about every hour. For some reason it made him mad that Matt and I were in the same room with him and wouldn't take him out of his pack'n'play. Luckily Matt's parents live near Salt Lake so we went and stayed with them the next night. The little stinker slept all night without making a peep in their office.
A few weeks ago I tried to cut Spencer's hair (the mullet was just getting too nasty) and I totally screwed it up. Luckily my friend next door cuts hair and she took pity on me and fixed it. Spencer wasn't too thrilled but I love the new haircut, he looks like such a little boy!

Spencer gets some awesome bed-head most days during his nap...


In other news, we're working on getting our yard ready to put in grass. Last week I spent my precious time during Spencer's nap spraying weeds. I probably spent about 8 hours spraying weeds and I'll be super ticked if they don't die. So far they're still alive.
Well that's all I can think of to post about, I hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather!
9 comments:
I just love his little face!! (Spencer's ... not to be confused with Matt's. Not that I hate Matt's ... I am just indifferent to it. As I should be, since after all, he is YOUR hubby). I love that you know those chairs are called arrow-backs. I cannot wait to get super cute kitchen furniture and ask you to name each piece. :) Well, I'm out. Talk to you later, Mc'Avree.
Avree, Spencer is darling! Love the haircut. And your table looks awesome! I need to learn how to be more crafty. I'm sure it will come in very handy one of these days. Hope your cute family is doing well!
the table turned out so great. good job. we may inherit my inlaws oak table and i may just need to hire the sprayer and your matt to get the job done.
wow, the table is awesome. Good job! I love that second to last pic of Spenc. He is so handsome!!
Spencer is so cute! And it looks like Matt had a lot of fun painting that table! haha I love it!
He looks super ticked in that picture! I love it! Looks like fun! The table looks great too!
Awesome job on the table! It is beautiful! Good luck on the weeds. I think I have spent as much time caring for my lawn as I spent caring for Rylee! Spencer is adorable, I think he can't get cuter but he does with every post!I am glad you guys are doing well!
I've been talking about your table now to Seth for a while, then I realized that I never told you that it looks awesome. I keep hoping that we'll score some sweet deal on one while we're out here. Some friends of ours got a big table like yours FOR FREE from the military base, and it's nice. Anyway, good job making it look like a million bucks. Also, good job Matt on painting his face.
P.S. Maybe he wasn't posing for the picture, but anyhow, tell Matt he looks really really spiritual with his "studying the Ensign" pic.
Post a Comment