Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 2009

This first picture does a good job of describing how Spencer felt about being a lamb for Halloween...
These first few pictures are from a Halloween party we had at Matt's parents' about a week before Halloween. The highlight of the night (for me) was the donut eating contest. Matt took 1st place (of course) and I think I came in 2nd or 3rd.
These two (Matt's parents) are leaving on a mission to South Africa in a few months. They're trying to act the part already.
On Halloween we had a party with some friends and family at Cara's house. We ate pizza and the boys took the kids trick-or-treating. Spencer is holding hand sanitizer in the picture below because he is in love with soap bottles these days. He carries around hand sanitizer, dishsoap, shampoo, etc. I'm not really sure why but I think it's kind of funny.
Spencer was a stinker about getting his picture taken with the other kids. He had to have Matt or me hold him.



My sister, Cara, looks a bit psychotic in the picture below but that's just because she's really excited to eat the caramel apples we made. Next year we'll just buy caramels and melt them, the stuff from scratch this year mostly just dripped off the apples but it still tasted good.

Overall it was a great Halloween, even if Spencer hated his costume. Next year I'll get him something a little more manly, like superman or batman.

12 comments:

Errin said...

haha, his face in that first pic kills me.. i love it!

April said...

Haha.. That's awesome! Looks like you had a great Halloween.

The Waltz's said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! It looked like fun! I'm impressed with your dedication to the caramel apples...homemade caramel and all! Wow ;) I'll email you my phone number on facebook and hopefully we can get together in December when your husband is out of town.

Mindy said...

I love, love, love that face!! Hahaha! It's so perfect!!

~..kass..~ said...

:) He is so cute! Kodi Anne when she was about his age was SUPPOSE to be a lion, but she was not having it lol so we switched last minute.
I love how you guys dressed up! I really hope Darren will home next year and we can all celebrate & dress up as a family :)

Christina said...

it still amazes me that little kids develop personalities at such a young age and know exactly what they want. and they make sure you know when you aren't doing it their way :) his face in the first picture made me laugh out loud, what a cutie he is!

Kirsten said...

Avree you are so pretty! You look gorgeous in even these simple pictures :-) And Spencer looks SO cute! I can't wait to be dressing my little boy up next year! :-)

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Avree, you should have dressed up as Little Bo Peep :) Or maybe Matt could have been Bo Peep..I don't know?

Anonymous said...

Such a meek and mild little lamb. ;) it kills me that he hated being a lamb. i love it!

MsMelodee said...

What awesome costumes and what fun! How awesome for grandma and grandpa to dress up! Spencer looked a little like a lion in that first pic...so cute!

MsMelodee said...

hey Avree I was just wondering if you ever talk to cassy anymore. Does she leave comments for you, or can you leave them for her? I have tried to leave her a comment, but I can't and I am kind of illiterate with the computer stuff...

MsMelodee said...

hey sorry about all the comments...I am not sure how I missed your post about your vacation...I just thought it was ironic that the last time we went to sea world our pictures accidentally got erased (i am still sad it happened in 2005) and the sunday that we were there, we spent the day with my girlfriend at the beach...those pictures accidentally got erased as well. I just thought that was a little crazy when I was reading your post!I am glad you had a great time!