Tuesday, April 29, 2008

1 Week Old

Yesterday Spencer turned one week old! This is a picture of him cuddling with my mom, check out those cheeks! So far he is a very cuddly good natured little guy who only cries when he's hungry, getting his diaper changed, or getting a sponge bath. He's on somewhat of a schedule now where he eats about every 3 and a half to 4 hours, which is nice for me because I'm getting some substantial sleep (his pediatrician told me most newborns should eat every 2 to 3 hours but that I could wait longer because he's so fat, I guess that's one good thing about having a large baby). I was pretty sore last week but I'm feeling tons better now and am no longer counting down the time till I can take my next motrin. My mom went back to St. George today, after she left I kind of had a "now what?" feeling, but I'm keeping pretty busy. Well I'm holding Spencer in one arm and typing this one-handed so I think I'll stop here...

6 comments:

Cara said...

It's a bit of an adjustment going from being super busy with work to having much more time during the day. I even watched Oprah for a few months when Marin was first born! I love that little Spencer, he's so darn cute! I just sat through the whole slide show twice and looked at all the pictures of him. I keep laughing when I think about him sucking on my arm yesterday because he thought he was so hungry he was going to die. I told Mitch every cute little thing he did, somehow Mitch wasn't quite as thrilled as I was about his every move. I can't wait to hold him again soon (Spencer I mean)!

Ben & Kirsten said...

Hi Avree! It's so good to see you on the blogger world! Your little baby boy is SO cute! Where did all that dark hair come from? He's really adorable! I'm glad you are doing well!

Kirsten

photography by Mikki said...

Aves! He's beautiful, I can't believe how much hair he has. I think I'd feel "what now" too, but you're a great Mom I'm sure...he's a lucky little guy!

Mindy said...

I know I've said this already, but he is gorgeous! This shouldn't be surprising considering that you are his momma! :) P.s. We *must* get together when Amanda gets back!! I want to meet little Spencer Jay!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

I watched the slide show of spencer. I can't wait to see him!I can't believe those cheeks.

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

Oh, little squishy! I just love little warm squishy baby boys. I can relate to the what now feeling...but it's great now, and I get really bent out of shape if someone has a pending task for me to complete. It kind of crimps my style. I like having a day scheduled around a nap and a pooey diaper or two.