Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Easter Post

Spencer doesn't understand what Easter is yet but he definitely understands candy! I hid his Easter basket in his bedroom while he was eating breakfast and then we told him there was candy in his room. He ran in and yelled "Canny!" and then proceeded to try to stuff his mouth with all of it. Every once in awhile he'd stop to say "yummy!" or "cheese!" (he knows a camera means he should say "cheese").

After a lazy day of watching Conference and eating candy we went to my sister's for an Easter egg hunt and dinner. Spencer isn't a very good egg hunter, he just mosied around and kept trying to eat the candy out of the eggs he already had instead of finding new ones.

My niece, Marin, on the other hand, was a pro at egg-hunting. She had her bag filled to the brim and right before this next shot her bag tipped over. Matt yelled "hurry Spence! Get the eggs!" and she about had a nervous breakdown trying to gather up her eggs before Spencer could get to them.
Below is the yummy turkey dinner we had. You can tell by the seating arrangement who runs the show in this family. (Oh and please also notice how attractive my husband is)

We hope you all had a great Easter too!






10 comments:

Errin said...

how fun! He is so handsome, I love spencers eyes!

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

Looks like Spencer and Logan are tied for world's worst egg-hunter. Logan did the same thing: find a plastic egg, shake it, open it and eat all the contents as fast as possible. Logan did find one hard-boiled egg but he threw it on the ground after shaking it.

P.S. I called you today, ready to chat it up but alas, you didn't answer.

Cara said...

Ha ha. Marin was a great Easter egg hunter. Maybe she'll be better at hoarding candy during the summer parades. Last year she was like Spencer and disappointed me a bit. Matt and Jaren look disgusting in all of the pictures I took! Oh, and why can't I just smile normally in pictures? I either look like I'm dying of laughter or half asleep but there's no in between for me.

Melissa said...

My favorite part was the comment about how amazing Matt looked! I laughed and laughed! You guys kill me!

Mindy said...

I did have a great Easter until I saw Jaren in those photos ... I now need to go blow dry my hair. :)

Kirsten said...

Ha ha the story about your niece made me laugh so hard!! And the picture of your hubby got a giggle too! Spencer is such a cutie!! Glad you had a fun Easter!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Happy Easter. Looks like you had a fun time. You are lucky to have family up in Logan to spend holidays.

Christina said...

kids and candy huh...bridget is the same way. if there is candy anywhere near her, she instantly loses interest in everything else. she and spencer would get along well :)

April said...

He sure loved that candy! Haha.. I find it hilarious that you are a dietition and your lil boy was shoving hand fulls of candy in his mouth. haha... That's awesome! :)

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Fun fun fun! It's always fun to have family around! Spencer is so stinkin' cute!